[Heeplist] McCartney & Wings

Jay Pearson deepheep at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 29 18:00:39 EDT 2013

That's a load of crap. Some examples off the top of my head:

Rainbow (really Ritchie Blackmore w/ hired hands)
Wings
Neal Morse
Rod Stewart (not Faces)
Bob Seger
Alice Cooper
Jimi Hendrix
Sammy Hagar
Robert Plant (post Zeppelin)
Gary Moore
Whitesnake

 From: Igor Shveitser <zlenko_iv at mail.ru>

I would add to that, of all the examples I've come across through the years, there's one simple conclusion: you can not really be a solo artist in rock'n'roll, that is not what this music is about. Yes, you can give yourself not a band name but the one of your own, still if it is not a real band and a real collaboration, a real exchange on the energetic level, hardly you will achieve much regarding rock'n'roll. I don't mean commercial success, that is about creativity and final outcome.