[Heeplist] Black Sabbath Show - Toronto

Kevin Julie kevinj.1969 at yahoo.ca
Thu Aug 15 12:23:38 EDT 2013

 I have deliberately avoided this thread over the past few weeks after reading many of the negative comments regarding the band's motives, Ozzy's performance, and the poor Bill Ward crap, in large part because Sabbath was one of my first favorite bands when i was 9 or 10, and those were some of the first LPs i ever got [from a friends older brother]; so i was excited at the chance to finally get to see them w/ Ozzy, despite the fact ticket prices were huge, it was an opportunity i didn't want to pass up or be pre-judged based on what i read here.
And i can say i wasn't.
First, to all the doubters -- screw you! This was one of the best shows i have ever seen. Despite Ozzy being a wanker over the past few years, the guy was full of energy for his age, sounded great, and they all seemed to be really enoying themselves. the set list wasn't a simple greatest hits bullshit set, but a few rarities thrown in and 3 new tracks that sounded great with the old stuff! War Pigs was the first song, and it never sounded as good, from my view [Geezer's side, 10 rows up]. Ozzy was Ozzy, a bit of profranity, and plenty of humour, such as introducing a new song only to have Tony chuckle and come over to correct him w/ Ozzy declaring - it was Snowblind! Or introducing Dirty Women from 'some old album, i can't even fuckin remember'!
I had a blast, and i doubt this opportunity will come by again, and regardless of cost, age, lack of Bill Ward -- [who should've gotten his ass in shape] - I am more than happy i went! A band i thought i'd never see, and i was thrilled just to see them run [and Ozzy ran] out on stage and play. Ozzy sang everything, the drummer did a fine job, and Geezer and Tony were having a blast. a great night.

KJJ