[Heeplist] BS 13 (nhc)

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Mon Aug 5 07:26:44 EDT 2013

I am sure glad you are no longer a lurker!!  Great points!!

On 8/4/13 9:29 PM, "Rys Miller" <rys_miller at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Those are all really good points, and I'm sure that exposure lured in the

fringe people who bought the album more out of curiosity or because it's

"cool" or "trendy" to like anything related to Ozzy nowadays.  It's sad that

the name Black Sabbath is more like  a tradeable commodity - they even sell

Sabs t-shirts in Best buy now!  Of course, I'm sure anyone with a passing

interest in heavy rock would be likely to buy the album based solely on all

the hype that surrounded it! And the whole thing about leaving Bill out just

added fuel to the fire and piqued people's curiosity even more!

And yes as
> Igor said whenever a band of Sabs calibre does anything it is an
EVENT and
> people want to be there to be part of history, for better or for
worse.  Even
> tonight a large chunk of my friends are in NJ at the Sabs show
even though I
> can only imagine Ozzy blundering his way through it.

And yes Ozzy was always
> known as a great front man vs being a great singer
(although there are people
> who adore his singing style but to each his own).
I do believe that the early
> Sabbath stuff wouldn't have been as powerful or
noteworthy (maybe? not a good
> word??) with a more "pedestrian" type of
vocalist.  that being said, Dio's
> style was perfect for the albums he was
on, but that was the natural
> progression of the band, just as Heep naturally
progressed with their
> vocalists (for better or for worse, but that¹s
something I'm not
> knowledgeable enough to even speculate about.)

Rys x

Heeplist mailing
Heeplist at travellersintime.com
http://travellersintime.com/mailman/listinf