[Heeplist] Black Sabbath (one more time)

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Fri Jul 5 05:01:15 EDT 2013

It depends on what kind of IOMMI MUSIC do you like more :) I must admit, as much as I enjoyed Black Sabbath with Dio (original disks, they were dynamic, inspired, philosophical - whatever, great overall!), so I was rather (well, quite predictably though) disappointed with The Devil You Know for it lacked almost all of the original ingredients being just plain dark and slow heavy metal which I do not fancy much. It was even worse with Iommi solo for me - so, "13" is at last the breath of fresh air. :)))
Cheers, Igor

Вторник,  2 июля 2013, 13:02 -07:00 от DAVID M SHERROD <porcupineheep at cox.net>:
>I thought the Devil you Know was decent, but I also think it's more about what style we like, I like the slower heavy feel from Iommi and his projects, the Naivete in Black is a bit happier sounding to me.
>Dave
>
>Todd Clark < tuck0411 at gmail.com > wrote:
>
>>I've only listened to 13 once so far, but I also thought Naivete In Black
>>was one of the better tracks.  Just based on one listen, my overall
>>reaction is similar to what I thought of The Devil You Know - warmed over
>>and uninspired, which is disappointing given all the good reviews I've
>>read, both here and elsewhere.  I learned long ago to not pass final
>>judgement on something just based on one or two listens, though, so I'll be
>>giving it another spin this weekend.  I do remember that one of the other
>>four tracks on the second disc also struck me as being a standout, but
>>don't recall the title at the moment.
>>
>>Todd C.
>>
>>On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 8:14 AM, Jay Pearson < deepheep at yahoo.com > wrote:
>>
>>> Hmmm, it is one of my favorite tracks on the entire album!
>>>
>>> Jay
>>> np - Flower Kings - Banks of Eden

>>>  From: Dave < porcupineheep at cox.net >
>>>

>>> I think it’s the weakest track as well, DS.

Igor Shveytser