[Heeplist] No BS this is great BS!

DAVID M SHERROD porcupineheep at cox.net
Wed Jun 26 15:36:22 EDT 2013

I got into Sabbath when the first album came out, and my favorite has changed over the years, the first album was it for a long time, the second album has great songs, but I have always hated the drum sound on it. Master of Reality has been my favorite the longest, I loved that it was simple heavy songs, great lyrics and few overdubs, vol 4 was another strong album, when Sabbath Bloody Sabbath came out I was impressed with the lyrics on Killing Yourself to Live and many of the other tracks, Sabotage I have always had mixed feelings about, it had some classic tracks, but also more weak tracks than ever before, they seemed to play more major keys at times which I don't like, minor is my key. Then Technical, and Never Say had some great tracks but suffered from weak recordings and poor guitar tones at times.. Poor recordings has always been a problem with the classic lineup, and I think 13 has the best studio sound of any of their albums. That said Sabbath Bloody Sabbath was the most accepted album by the masses of pop fans so I always suggest that album, to me the true Sabbath sound has always been Master of Reality. But for me they were always their best live, which is sad because they never released a good live album from their prime, with Past Lives they had that chance but only released a few songs from the show I posted which would have been their classic live album, but remains a bootleg, which in a way is fitting. DS