[Heeplist] 13

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Wed Jun 12 09:29:08 EDT 2013

 Tony Iommi is the master of the metal riff, said Ozzy once. And he was more than right - almost every hard rock/heavy metal player since borrows from him way more than from Page, Blackmore or even Mick Box. He plays it very tasty - and it is only a matter of liking or not. But I must admit, his later (since '95 appr.) music never really impressed me, he tried to play heavier than he really can, in this case he returned home, to his roots. But the fast tracks are missing as well as the rock'n'roll ones. Apart from it - brilliant as ever, in my opinion.
Cheers, Igor

Среда, 12 июня 2013, 7:34 -04:00 от Bob Winward <uriahheep at comcast.net>:
>Out of fairness, I will give it a few more listens as promised.  There is
>one track that I heard on Satellite radio called Loner and the guitar work
>on that has more range.  Today I have about 4 hours of driving again, will
>give the BS it's due dilligence.   On first listen, every track sounded the
>same and I cannot hear why every one raves about Tony Iomni.  He plays the
>same riffs on every song.  Maybe I just need to give it a few more listens.
>

>On 6/12/13 12:14 AM, "Dave Sherod" < porcupineheep at cox.net > wrote:
>
>> I said you wouldn't like it. DS.
>>
>> Bob W < uriahheep at comcast.net > wrote:
>>
>>> Picked up new BS today. It has 2 disks 12 songs.  Main disk has 8 songs all
>>> except the ballad are slow and heavy. Ozzy sings words but there is no
>>> melodies.  The songs all sound alike the guitar is 1 chord.  One good thing.
>>> The drummer is pretty decent
>>>
>>> Bob Winward
>>>
>>> Travellers in Time Website
>>>  http://www.travellersintime.com