[Heeplist] Uriah Heep with Lawton Concert Live

DAVID M SHERROD porcupineheep at cox.net
Tue Jun 11 01:11:27 EDT 2013

I saw it mentioned in some of the Heepster posts but never found anything official about it. I have admit that on the live recordings I heard with John for the first time  wasn't so good, his voice is off and just not strong, I know it was short notice and the songs were not as tight either, the backing vocals weren't to good either. Then when I saw and heard the film when Bernie came back in Russia they sounded way better all around. Just to make sure I played it for the wife who is a big Lawton fan and she felt they were better all around with Bernie as well. I have to admit I like the set with Bernie better than what they did with John. As for the backing vocals I think Phil is used to Bernie and not so much John. That said I would love to hear a quality pro recording with one of the gigs with John. DS