[Heeplist] The Word from J.J.!

Rick Wilson futureprimitive1 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 06:43:31 EDT 2013

Hi, All!

I don't know if it is appropriate to run here and tell everything that
someone in the band tells me at LinkedIn, but I just had John Jowitt,
Heep's first short-time replacement for Trevor on bass earlier this year,
contact me.  I asked him why he was around for such a short term, his
thoughts about Trev and what his current plans are.  He was very
straight-forward in writing that he had numerous, generous correspondence
with Trevor, but had never met him.  According to J.J., it is his belief
that his time ended abruptly, because, I quote, "Russell wanted his pal in
(the band)", that it was nonetheless great fun, and that they had played
some great shows together.  Sadly, at the moment, J.J. is playing together
with no-one, but keeping busy with his P.J. Planning company.  His words
about Russell are certainly not to be understood, as he claimed to be just
fine about the band's decision, however, he did say that one should contact
them to know for certain the band's reasons behind his rapid departure.
Lastly, it is interesting that Bob Winward repeatedly came in here
expressing so much concern regarding Bernie's health, when I told him just
a couple of days after Trevor's passing that I got the word from the band
that he was just fine, and would be returning as scheduled in June.
However, I am sure that Bernie appreciates everyone's concern.  Keep on
Rockin', and stay healthy.

Rick
[?]

--