[Heeplist] Heep lineups

DAVID M SHERROD porcupineheep at cox.net
Wed May 29 19:38:40 EDT 2013

I have to say that the Byron era is the one I will always think of when I hear the Uriah Heep name, they are the lineup I got into in 72, and still have that magic I felt for them in my youth. I never got into the Lawton era till the 90s, and I do think of Firefly as a classic, but I don't care for the other 2 album's, but they each have outstanding songs. Conquest has a couple songs but I don't see ever playing it again, it's the same with the Goalby era. As for the Shaw era from Sea of Light on is my 2nd favorite version of Heep and the one I will listen to the most from now on. Though I love the music from the past like no other I will only go back to it once in a great while, that's with all band's, I find to much interesting new music coming out to go back to the past very often because I've heard that music so many times after listening to it over and over for close to 30 years I no longer have that need to hear it, because I do in my mind when I think back to that time. There's night's I go back and play 4 or 5 songs on YouTube and then I'm done with it for another year or 2. DS